Here are some key points to Alexandar's approach:
- The definition of death is a toilet paper focus group....Insurance is often seen as a commodity business. But you can still have fun.
- Successful marketing is about partnership (with PR and design firms as well as ad agencies), publishing (content) and PR.
- We've gone from a lean back and absorb information to seek out information, where you can keep out content. That means that companies need to take a different approach to marketing. Otherwise, you can be locked out.
- It's no longer about protecting the brand. It's about projecting the brand, where important qualities are find-ability and share-ability.
- You have to try and improve your batting average, knowing that you're not going to get a hit every time out.
- You need to engage via social media and to take a cross-platform approach.
o You don't need to use every element, but there should be some cross-over with logo architecture, color palette, and sell line.