- * CB radio required specific equipment. Twitter can be accessed by a number of different ways, desktop and mobile, dedicated clients and the Internet. You don't need to purchase special equipment to use Twitter.
- CB radios were used in cars, primarily by truckers and drivers. Twitter can be used anywhere by anyone.
- CB radio conversations took place in real-time only. Twitter can be real-time but also lets people comment when they want to. You can even schedule tweets to hit at a later time.
- While CB radio captured society's attention -- spawning top 40 songs, TV shows and movies (Smokey & Bandit) but quickly seemed to have a limit of users. Twitter has quickly captured the media's attention, but the growth of the Twitter userbase seems to be accelerating.
- CB radio conversations frequently discussed road conditions. Twitter conversations cover business and personal and everything in between.
Insights and attitude about PR, journalism and traditional and social media.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Why Twitter is not like CB Radio
There's been some discussion about whether Twitter is the CB Radio of this decade -- I don't agree, for the following reasons:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment