The following questions were designed to help determine which agency is more likely to succeed on your business.
- Who really will be working on your project? Senior folks at the pitch – or junior staffers learning on your dime? And what percentage of their time will be devoted to you...or to another, perhaps larger account?
- Is their experience current, relevant – or is it outdated?
- What is the chemistry like on the team? Between you and the agency? Can you envision comfortably working with the team you've been assigned?
- Does the agency look at you as a partner or as a prospect? In other words, are its people interested in what services are most important to achieving your goals – or in the agency's bottom-line by trying to sell you on services you don't need?
- Do they listen well to your objectives and directions? Can they document how they've gained measurable success for other businesses like yours?
- Are they responsive and accessible – or don't get back to you (or the media) because they're always in agency meetings (or worse, busy working for other clients)? Are you a priority for them?
- Are they passionate about your business? (Or only for those with big budgets?) What is their client philosophy?
- Are they passionate about PR? How well do they know the media? When did the senior members last talk to the media?
- Are their plans dusted-off from another client – or developed specifically for your business, objectives, etc?
- Do they suggest ways to be more effective – without increasing the budget? Do you see them adding value to what you already have on your team?
Post a Comment