- CNN has 3,000 journalists worldwide.
- CNN already runs an internal wire service for its bureaus and CNN.com.
- CNN Wire could offer columns written by some of the of its high profile anchors.
- Some papers have already started running CNN Wire articles.
- For newspapers, still photography is important, but CNN Wire could offer streamed video.
- CNN already dropped Reuters in 2008, and dropped the AP this month.
- The AP has more than 3,000 journalists in more than 100 countries.
- The AP is reducing the fees its charges its clients, saving clients about $30 million.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Can CNN Develop/Launch a Wire Service to Compete in Tooday's Market
CNN is rolling out a new wire service to compete with the Associated Press. Here are some key points: